I picked the kids up at the bus stop because I was feeling lazy and late… the latter being more important here. We drove the tenth of a mile back up to the house and Reilly proudly rode in the front seat. Kate sat in the middle row. We talked as we pulled in the garage and tried to cover the days events before I had to return to my desk. Kate leaned over the front seats and began talking to Reilly and me. She then blurted out “ewwww, it smells like puke!” I inhaled but didn’t smell it. Reilly being the BOY that he is said “oh, yah, I just threw up in my mouth a little but then I swallowed it, that’s probably what you smell.”
Okay… that’s just gross… boy or not the fact that he was unphased by the whole story might have even been more disturbing. Kate and I got smart, jumped out of the car, left him there and went in the house. Gross.
I made him brush his teeth when he got inside. Ick. That’s usually like acid in your mouth when that happens. Bleck.